Sunday, April 15, 2007

What is Engineering ??

read one nice article on IEEE spectrum magazine .. it was about one prof. gives lecture to the class about perspective of Engineering .. he goes and write on the board ..

I + I + I = S

and says .. this is the basic equation of engineering .. and this is what u learn while u are doing ur engineering degree ..

the first I is Imagination

because people has to imagine before something has to be carried out .. or something has to built .. because from there only great ideas arises ..

the second I is Innovation

i won't tell much about this I .. coz everyone knows that how important Innovation is in engg .. many companies survived because of their ability of them to innovate at every stage ..

and the final and most important I is Implementation

this one is important because in Engg .. unless you implement certain projects .. then only you will realize the difference between practical and theoretical world .. in theory you will see only rosy picture ..that u do this , add this component and that is !!! you will get the result .. but in practice when u sit and start doing something .. then you will understand what is real world ..

so this way when you add all three I's then only you get S which is Solution ..and that's what important in engineering .. do whatever .. use any method but get a result ..


0 comments: