Thursday, July 5, 2007

A to Z of my life (part 2)

B for B.Tech

Infact I am engineer now !!

Many of my friends told me that they didn’t want to pursue engineering; they would love to go in statistics, media or arts. But when I think about whether I made right decision? Or whether I truly wanted to become engineer? Then answer was always yes. Certainly no doubt about it . no second thought.

Because engineers are problems solvers, they are the people who make Newton & Kirchoff’s laws into action. And I love to do that.. to solve problems, apply a rough theory into practical application ..

So done with engineering .. and now I am in technology business .. and there is no better time to be an engineer. The only thing I like about technology is speed. The speed at which technology evolves is amazing, and that opens up space for people like me who wants to strike early in tech business.

Also in particular I am in software side. There is Moore’s law which is ruling the hardware side, which states that in 18 months we will get twice speed at half price. But thankfully (fortunately) the software is not governed by such rules. Always software lags behind the speed of hardware, so there would be place for engineers like me who will be writing codes to tune software with the speed of hardware.

Sometimes I regret that I couldn’t study computer science engineering. But thankfully ICE (Instrumentation and Control Engg) wasn’t that bad!! Along with sensors and control systems we studied electronics, computer science, management (some six odd courses). So in all got balanced perspective on many subjects. The engineering was like interdisciplinary course comprised mainly of Sensors, Systems and Signal, and spent amazing time with my batch mates in ICE department.

Even if the toughest code which I have ever written is “Hello World!!” or still struggle to connect circuit on bread board or just made block diagrams in all the exams .. I am engineer now .. and infact I love that.

C for Chintan

If u ask Shakespeare, then he would say “what’s there in name” but if you ask Gogol, protagonist in Lahiri’s novel Namesake then you have to read entire novel to find out what’s there in name. Well for me, there is certain platonic relationship with my name.

Chintan, a Sanskrit word which means to cogitate, meditate or in simple words just think. And that’s what I do most times. When I am alone (most of time) I always like to think, think and think. There might be any idea jumping in my head all the times, that doesn’t let me sleep. Also it is the reason why I am talking constantly to my self, always occupied with some thought; so it helps me see things in different perspective and allow me to take right decisions.

So Chintan is not just noun, its adjective as well as its verb too.. Sometimes the persons name just serve the purpose of noun only but for me its all the above three. When I sign as chintan then it can completely describe me. The name is chintan, the guy always like to do chintan (as verb) and most importantly as an adjective. It says/ describes succinctly what am I doing whole my life and mostly rest of my life . .chintan only.

1 comments:

River said...

Abt B.E. 1st
well thats the plight of every engineering student. We have to study so many
subject whether they r relevant or irrelevant,we cannt do anything
but course of engineering is designed in such a way tht it deals with all round
development of a student as we engineers as per said are--"jack of all
trades n master of none."
so now u got it that we have to study management n all tht crap subjects.
Abt ur name funda
wow thts pretty interesting.
though i knew wat is d meaning of ur name but u made me know abt its different
usuage..pretty cool..
now i have 2 think if my name can be put under such things aas if it can be used
as noun,adjective n verb..:)